Conversation with a snickerdoodle

I really want to blog more here. Really really.
I will aim to write here however long or short at least 2 times a week. Because writing here makes me happy! (and hungry) very hungry to be exact. Because, together with writing a post comes selecting and uploading pictures, and time in between trying to not let firefox die on me, doing what else, browsing all my favourite food bloggers(:
And after looking at all the awesome food photography and descriptive writings, or sometimes just about their lives, I feel even more hungry. And its always that time of the night where dinner has just sort of digested and raiding the fridge is just a bad bad bad idea.

snickerdoodles5.jpg picture by classifiedramblings

Heh and I have no self control to choose fruit over biscuit / cookie when its 11.30pm and I'm standing in front of an open fridge door. If you have that self control please impart some skills to me. very much appreciated(;

True story.

So I deny my stomach the joys it could find in the fridge and conveniently try to apply the concept of 'out of sight out of mind' to doing the pictures for this site and looking up and bookmarking even more recipes from a list that I am pretttty sure I will never exhaust.
But I still keep saving them anyway teehee.
Plus it nullifies the run that I just did today. No cookies for me):

But I will ! write at least 2 times here a week. It makes me happy to see new entries plus I get to cook and bake stuff, and write about it(:
And its a good routine to keep (i think!) aside from schoolwork and uninteresting things like that. Plus I need somewhere to channel brain juices of the creative side of the brain, to let it be smothered by the analytical, numerical, logical side would just be sad. Sadder than having no cookies hee.

snickerdoodles6.jpg picture by classifiedramblings

So much talk about cookies, here are some. Don't these looks cute pre-oven! If you have not already started googling snickerdoodles if you don't know what they are or feel the sudden need to go out and buy some to eat.
Don't! They are evil. They are so nice they make you want to eat and eat and eat and eat eat eat eat.

snickerdoodles.jpg picture by classifiedramblings

Me: (opens fridge) Hmm what should I have for breakfast. Bread with pb/nutella/jam/cheese?
Snickerdoodle: How about a cookie! I taste even better after a day in the fridge! (its true)
Me: Cookies for breakfast! No I need something filling and yummy to start the day on a good note

Snickerdoodle: Just eat me! And about 4 of my friends. Yummy AND filling.
Me: But thats not very healthy right.

Snickerdoodle: Its only morning! You have the rest of the day to eat healthily. Plus no-one knows!
Me: True.

Snickerdoodle: Aye just try one first, small one
Me: Okay maybe a small one

Snickerdoodle: See, its so awesome right but you're not full right, another one?
Me: omg these are good. (proceeds to grab about 3 more)
Snickerdoodle: heh heh

snickerdoodles2.jpg picture by classifiedramblings

And the next morning the same battle is fought again. I shant tell you the ending, do you want to guess?

I thought I was a chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin girl. Love those two, I could eat them every day but I wont make them just yet because I have no self control. Oh waaait, you already know that.
But I might cheat on them a little with these babies. No mix-ins. Just pure cinnamonny, sugary and buttery goodness.
Make them and you might end up like me, or worse.
I'm just sayin'

OR!

You could make them and not tell anybody and eat them. Nobody knows the calories don't count.
Right!? (:
Well here's the awesome recipe. Once you throw in the cinnamon there's no looking back!


snickerdoodles4.jpg picture by classifiedramblings

Best snickerdoodles ever
  • 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
For rolling:
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon

1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with
an electric mixer on high speed. Add the egg and vanilla and
beat until smooth.

2. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and
cream of tartar.

3. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.

4. Preheat oven to 300 degrees while you let the dough rest for
30 to 60 minutes in the refrigerator. (I let mine rest overnight)

5. In a small bowl, combine the sugar with the cinnamon for the
topping.

6. Take about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the dough and roll it into a
ball. Roll this dough in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and press it
onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat for the remaining cookies.

7. Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes and no more. The cookies
may seem undercooked, but will continue to develop after they are
removed from the oven. When the cookies have cooled they should be
soft and chewy in the middle.

Makes about 20 cookies.

(ps: chilling the dough is very very VERY important if you want super awesome cookies. I do that in every cookie I make even if the recipe doesnt say so. It really makes a difference. But if you're impatient (like I sometimes am especially when it comes to cookies) you can always make a few and pop them into the oven and eat immediately and bake the rest the next day. And appreciate the difference chilled dough makes. Trust me(:)

snickerdoodles8.jpg picture by classifiedramblings

Snickerdoodle: Now how bout another one. Last one. Promise.
Me: STOP TALKING TO MEEEEEEEEE! LEAVE ME ALONEEEEEE
(proceeds to run out of the house, almost forgetting to lock the door behind myself)

snickerdoodles3.jpg picture by classifiedramblings

they ARE evil.
Don't say I didn't warn you(;
Alternate serving suggestion - clasp 2 cookies in between vanilla icecream and tadaa icecream cookie sandwiches. Now, its a good thing I don't have vanilla icecream at home.
Am I the only one that yummy food speaks too. Please tell me that there are more of you out there that have noisy and irritating yummy food in the fridge.

Comments (7)

you and your thought bubbles...............

hahaha go away huey i like my bubbles and they like me to HAH(;

i do the same thing with homemade ice cream.. it's always only one MORE scoop. it doesnt matter how early(or cold) it is, just one more scoop!

@stan: hahaa that one more scoop is evil. do you have a food blog as well?(:

it IS evil, but i feel that it's even worse if i didn't eat it!
sorry, no food blog from me. the closest thing i've got is pictures of my food explorations on my facebook..
that's all people want anyways, the pictures to drool over. haha

@stan: hahaha yeah foodie pics!! thx for reading and commenting tooo! (:

maybe i should start a blog of just pictures. i seem to have plenty. haha



(have to work on my food photography skills though)

Post a Comment